| Borrowing Privileges
| Renewals | Fines
Books in general collections
The Fordham University community (faculty, students, administrators,
and staff) may borrow books for the following loan periods:
|Full-time Faculty, Administrators
|Part-time Adjuncts, Ph.D. Students
|Alumni w/borrowing privileges, WALDO faculty
All of the above loans can be renewed up to three times if no one
else has requested the book. After two weeks, a book may be recalled
if someone else asks for it.
Library notices for overdue books, recalls, and holds will be sent via email to your Fordham email account.
Music CDs, VHS, and DVDs - 5 days
Books with CD-ROM in EIC - 30 Days
DVDs and VHS in EIC - 4 hours
Books and Articles in Reserve Room - 2 hours
Books can be renewed up to three times as long as no one else has requested the item.
You can renew online by going to the Fordham Library Catalog and clicking on "My Account". You can also renew in person on or before the due date at the Circulation
Desk, or by telephone. The
telephone number for Rose Hill is 718-817-3578, x3577, or x5109, Lincoln Center
212-636-6062, Westchester campus 914-367-3060.
A/V materials cannot be renewed.
Fines & Overdues
Books in general collections - $0.10 per day.
Reserve Books - Flat rate $5.00 per day.
Reserve Audio/Visual Materials - Flat rate $5.00 per day, per disc.
Non-reserve Audio/Visual Materials - $1.00 per day, per disc.
Notices regarding fines, overdues, recalls and hold pickup will be sent to your Fordham email account.
While visiting researchers and scholars are welcome to use the Fordham Libraries, limitations of space and staff require that visiting access and borrowing privileges be restricted to the following groups:
- Faculty from other universities have reading privileges. Must present current academic year school ID with photo.
- Westchester Colleges and University students (WALDO) have reading privileges. Must present current academic year school ID with photo. Full-time WALDO faculty have guest borrowing privileges (four-week loans, without renewal). Must present current academic year school ID with photo and WALDO sticker.
- Students attending AJCU institutions have reading privileges. Must present current academic year school ID with photo. Full-time AJCU faculty have guest borrowing privileges through the AJCU Passport program. AJCU faculty should inquire with their home libraries to obtain the AJCU Passport before visiting Fordham. Must present current academic year school ID with photo and AJCU Passport.
- Einstein College of Medicine Students and users of St. Luke's/Roosevelt and Cornell Medical Center Libraries have reading privileges.
- New York Area Theological Library Association (NYATLA) faculty and students have reading privileges.
- Faculty members, current students and staff from institutions participating in the OCLC SHARES program have reading privileges. (OCLC SHARES libraries that also participate in METRO are subject to METRO procedures listed below.)
- METRO Referral cards permit one-time, on-site use of specific books or specified subject areas. Members of the Metropolitan Library Council obtain the METRO Referral card from their home institutions prior to visiting the Fordham University Libraries.
- Instructors and employees of the New York Botanical Garden have reading privileges.
- Fordham Alumni with a valid Alumni RamPass have reading privileges. Borrowing privileges are available for an annual fee of $100.
- U.S. Government Documents are available for on-site use to the general public from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please apply for a pass at the Walsh Library (Rose Hill) or the Quinn Library (Lincoln Center).
- The Antiquities Museum at the Walsh Library is available to the general public for on-site viewing from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Sunday. Please apply for a pass at the Walsh Library (Rose Hill).
- Access to the Archives & Special Collections at Walsh Library is by appointment only and must be arranged in advance through the Archives department – (718) 817-3560.
- Fordham Law School Library access should be arranged through the Law School Library.
- Guest access privileges are available to those individuals not included in the groups listed above for a demonstrated research need. Fees may apply.
- Guest access with borrowing privileges may be arranged for researchers demonstrating academic and research interests contingent with our collection. Fees will apply.
Disclaimer: Each application will be reviewed to ensure the request criteria match the strengths of our collection compared to other area library collections.
Access to the libraries for all of the preceding is dependent upon the presentation of valid I.D. and adherence to the policies of the Fordham University Libraries and Fordham University.