The Libraries’ Intercampus Loan service allows active students, faculty and staff to request materials to be transferred between campus libraries.
Intercampus Loan requests can be made:
- Online – Self-service 24/7 through My Account in the Fordham Library Catalog (more details here);
- E-mail – Send a request e-mail with full Catalog citation to email@example.com;
- Phone – Call any campus library’s Circulation Department during operating hours;
- In-person – Visit any campus library’s Circulation Desk during operating hours.
If the item is on the shelf at the other library, every effort will be made to deliver it in 1-2 business days. A notification e-mail will be sent to your Fordham e-mail account when the item is available for pickup at your home library. Items will remain on hold for 5 business days. Please contact the pickup library at one of the phone numbers listed below or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make alternate arrangements if you are unable to retrieve your ICL request within 5 days.
You also may visit the other Fordham library to borrow the item directly using your valid Fordham ID.
Document Delivery Service for Faculty and Graduate Students
The document delivery service allows Fordham University faculty, graduate students and undergraduate students to obtain e-mail delivery of journal articles not available electronically through the Fordham databases but which are available in print in the library. This service first was established to allow faculty, and now graduate and undergraduate students, to request and receive research materials with proper copyright clearance via their Fordham e-mail accounts. We attempt to fill all requests in the order they are received. If resources are stretched, we reserve the right to limit the number of requests per user to 5 articles each business day (Monday-Friday).
In order to comply with the guidelines set forth in Title 17 of the U.S. Code governing copyright and fair use, the Fordham University Libraries will not reproduce and distribute electronically selections from books located in Reserve Collections or the General Stacks at any of the campus libraries. Patrons are encouraged to borrow books via established circulation policies from Intercampus Loans, Reserve and Circulation Desks.
- Current Fordham ID required
- User accounts must be in good standing
- Material will only be sent to a Fordham e-mail address
- Items available through Fordham databases will not be sent
- Print periodical requests only will be accepted
- A limit of 5 requests per user each business day (Monday-Friday)
Material not available through the Fordham Libraries can be ordered through the Interlibrary Loan Service.
This library is a congressionally designated depository for U.S. Government documents. Public access to the government documents collection is guaranteed by public law. (Title 44 United States Code)