Fordham University Provides Access to RefWorks
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based bibliographic management tool designed to help researchers collect, manage,
store and share information as well as create citations and bibliographies.
With RefWorks you can:
- Create your own personal database with unlimited references to citations and abstracts;
- Organize your research into different folders;
- Export citations into RefWorks directly from many databases or enter citations manually;
- Capture information from websites with Ref Grab-It;
- Add research notes or other information to your references;
- Format bibliographies and footnotes instantly while you write with Write-N-Cite;
- Use a variety of format styles including MLA, APA, and Turabian;
- Access your personal database of references from any computer with Internet access;
- Set up group accounts for collaborative work.
How to get started with RefWorks:
As of December 9, 2013, new users that do not yet have a RefWorks account must be on-campus (within a registered IP range for your Institution) or accessing RefWorks through proxy server (logged into the Fordham network) when initially creating an account. This is so RefWorks can attach the user to a subscription. Once the new user has set up their account they will be able to log in from any location, with or without proxy authentication, using only the login name and password.
Write-N-Cite and Ref Grab-It require a download available from the Tools menu. RefWorks has excellent
tutorials on all of its features located under the Help menu.
Questions? Contact a Reference Librarian.